This recipe, featuring many local products, celebrates the end of winter and a successful Nova Scotia Icewine Festival. We suggest pairing it with a Nova Scotia Icewine for a decadent treat. Benjamin Bridge, Muir Murray Estate Winery, Jost Vineyards, Blomidon Estate Winery and Domaine de Grand Pre are a few local Icewine producers.
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Smash cookies into crumbs; mix with melted butter in small bowl
3. Scoop and press 1 ½ Tbsp of crumb mix into 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
1. In a large bowl, beat quark with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Add yogurt slowly, with mixer set to low. Slowly mix in remaining ingredients.
3. Spoon mixture over the 12 crusts.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheesecakes have set.
5. Drizzle with melted chocolate (we suggest chocolate from Just Us!, Sugah!, Gourmandise Avenue Chocolaterie or Sweet Spot Chocolate Shop), or dust with coco or chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 “muffin”