As one of the most popular dishes in Korean, bibimbap is a highly nutritious dish that incorporates a variety of different vegetables as well as beef.
Spinach, Mushrooms, Bean Sprouts, Cucumber, Zucchini, Lettuce, Carrot, Ground Beef, Egg, Black Pepper, Salt, Sesame Oil, Gochujang *
*Gochujang is a hot paste made of soy. It is used in many Korean dishes and can be
purchased in any Korean market.
1. Chop the cucumber into thin slices and soak them in salt water for 30 min. Completely
drain the water.
2. Boil spinach and bean sprouts seperately for 10 minutes. Completely drain the water
from them and season with salt.
3. Cut mushrooms and zucchini into thin slices and pan fry them in oil.
4. Pan fry the ground beef in oil with salt and black pepper to flavor.
5. Chop the lettuce into thin slices (similar to how they would be chopped for cole slaw).
6. Fry the egg, over easy.
7. Place all ingredients over a bowl of rice and serve.
8. Just before eating, add a drop of sesame oil and a spoon of gochujang. Mix and enjoy!
Hint: Start out by adding just a little bit of Gochujang and add more to fit taste.